When I started London Letters, it was fundamental that the only way I could bring it to life would be through using sustainable materials and having a focus, always, on the company's impact on the environment.
We are a paper-based brand and so using recyclable, sustainable and products that are kind to the environment is the basis of everything we do, and at the forefront of my mind whenever I'm developing a new product.
The environment has been considered at every stage of developing London Letters. Each part of your order can either be reused or recycled:
- Our papers, tissue papers and washi tapes are acid-free, FSC certified and can be fully recycled
- Our presentation boxes are made from a rigid cardboard and can be recycled and reused over and over as a handy store for your writing materials and other stationery ephemera
- All the foils used in our personalised stationery and notecards range can be fully recycled
- Our glassine envelopes are fully biodegradable, compostable and recyclable. They are also lovely to re-use for storing things like seeds, nibs, spices etc
- Our address guide is made from recycled plastic and is produced in small batch production. The idea is to keep it for life to re-use repeatedly for envelope lining, but if the day comes when you no longer require its use it can be recycled
- We do not use single-use plastic in any of our products
- 10% of net profits from every order of The Seasonal Collection is donated to the National Trust to support their environmental work. For more information on their cause and action please click here
- Our (majority) suppliers are U.K. based to reduce air freight and support British business (we buy in some products from Japan via a U.K. based wholesaler who has the items shipped instead of flown)
- Whenever possible we buy in locally from the London or Oxfordshire area
- Orders from certain London postcodes near the studio can be delivered by Robyn, our beautiful and trusty bicycle, as part of our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint. Checkout will automatically calculate if your order falls within the postcode boundaries. Please allow 4 - 5 working days for us to deliver to you via this method